20 July 2010
Video poker is closely related to the 5 card draw. This game is both easy and fun to play if you have understanding of the rules that govern it. The wining hands and the payouts are all available in the machine. A player is supposed to come up with strategies that they can utilize to get the winning cards.
Rules for playing video poker
1. The player is supposed to place a bet in the machine. The amount you place is variant. The player decides the amount that they want to wager before the game kicks off. It is impossible to change the odds once the game starts.
2. When you are sure that the bet you have placed is the one that you really want, press the button that is written ‘draw/deal’ on it. This will result to five cards getting drawn. This is the players’ first poker hand.
3. The next step is determining the cards that you want to keep among the 5 that have appeared. This is done through pressing at the button that is right under the card. For the cards that you have decided to hold but you later find them unworthy to retain, press the ‘hold/cancel’ button twice; and that will automatically delete the card that was initially held.
4. Ensure that the cards that you are holding are displayed on the screen. This will ensure that the cards that are displayed are the right ones that you have chosen and are recognized by the machines that you are playing for them.
5. For the cards that you reject, press the draw deal button below them to get replacements. Ensure that your combination is smart. Keep rejecting and repeating this process on the cards that you are not interested in until all your favorites are determined.
6. The machine will pay the players if they are having the winning hands and start a new game. Players are paid the best hands in a descending order.
Regularities of Winning hands during basic video poker
Playing video poker employs a very simple strategy once you understand the method of operating the machine. You also require having the knowledge on how the poker in 5 hands draw is played. These two basics are the only ones that are required for a person to successfully play in this game. Read on to understand the diction that is used in the poker play and explanation of what they mean.
Royal flush- These are the cards that have the ability of acquiring the highest value if a player has all of them in one combination. They include 10, Ace, king, queen and jack.
Straight flush- These are any five cards of the same suit that are all combined into one. They can be from ant count provided they are consecutive.
Four of a kind- These are four cards of the same status. For instance, four aces in one suit.
Full house- These are three cards of the same type that are combined with two others of another suit. For instance, you can have 3 Aces and 2 jacks to make a full house.
Flush- These are cards that are of the same suit but not in order. For instance, you can have all the cards that you are holding being of spades irrespective of whichever sequence or status that they fall in.
Straight- These are five cards that are in sequence but not in the same suit. For instance, you can have 7, 8, 9, 10 and jack but their suits differ.
Three of a kind- These are three cards that are of the same worth. For instance, 3 Jacks.
Two pair- These are couples of cards that are different from each other. Example: 2 jacks and 2 kings
Pair- These are 2 cards that are of the same value. Examples include 2 sevens.